My daughter's friend actually drew these for me. How excited am I to wear them? I had to share here so you all could appriciate them.
Hope you all are still keeping the faith for TJM, and beyond!! We, the fans at Facebook/DeviantArt (and Craig) are still going strong, and we are soo almost there, I can feel it! ^.^
SO... I emailed Craig... and he answered a bunch of my questions! ^o^ He's so awesome!! (I met him recently when some of us went to the Hey Arnold! SoCal event thingie.) These are just some questions that I've seen be asked around quite frequently, and ones that I was wondering too.
Here's the questions/his answers! *o* (Some are kind of surprising, if you ask me.)
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Tendra91. Back in 2009, Funnybones021 and I created a project called the "Hey Arnold!" 6th Season (HA6S) Project. This is a collaborative project where multiple fans came together to produce sixth season episodes of Hey Arnold! in comic form. We have had moderate success in the past, with multiple story outlines produced, several scripts written, and many pieces of beautiful artwork created. We were put in hiatus in 2012, and we would like to change that! The HA6S project is coming out of hiatus, and we need your support! Please spread the word around, and visit our new intro website http://ha6s.weebly.com for more info. You can join as a staff team member there and join us at our forums at http://ha6s.forumotion.com. Hope to see you there!
Pic is over here at my journal!
Still open and still ready for your prompts/fills! :D
Second, even further back there was just a general anon meme that you should also check out!
Last, if you're an HA! fan who'd like to get involved in saving the series/jungle movie I urge you to check out Operation: Ruthless - a website dedicated to getting HA! back in the limelight.
Here's a new video from me! Recently became re-inspired after watching the episodes again, and by all of this good news about TJM and Craig! :) The video is about how Arnold feels about Helga. ;)
P.S.- If you haven't heard the recent Craig Bartlett interview (posted 10-7-2012), check it out here!
The last new posts I remember seeing from that point on were from late 2009/early 2010, which is also the last time anyone made use of the old Hey Arnold! chatroom.
I should probably introduce myself since I don't see any names I know anymore. I'm part of the older generation of fans, and you may have heard or have been a member of my HA! site called Arnold's Room back on MSN Groups (I'd give a link via The Wayback Machine but it is not working). It was there from 2002-2009, and it was eventually moved to Multiply when MSN closed and I have more or less stepped back from the fandom after being involved in it heavily for several years. If you did follow my site and re-apply for membership back when it went to Multiply, you should still be getting notification e-mails when I or others post messages, and I realize now that out of the slim 66 members I have (down from the 800 I used to have) some don't get the messages anymore, some do. My posting rate is about 0-5 per year, as once in a while something noteworthy comes along in the fandom or about the show to post about.
That's why I'm here. To drum up interest for a chat, in the old "Cocoa Hut" chatroom, for what would have been my website's 10th birthday. While you can chat about the show, I'm interested in interacting with people I used to know and talk about pretty much anything. It is a last call I guess, as I found out Multiply will be getting rid of their social networking in December 2012, so my site is possibly toast for good. The old Java URL for getting to the chatroom is no longer active, so you need a chat client.
Instead of retyping everything I'll post the link to the details of the chat, and the Jungle Movie storyboards that recently surfaced.
If you haven't been getting e-mail notifications from my site and are a member, check out the past journals (not too many since 2009) to make sure you haven't missed anything.
Try and spread the word about the chat (hopefully a date I can keep), the storyboards, and that the last scraps of what was a very good website and important to the HA! fandom may be all gone by the end of 2012.
PS: You should also get notifications as a member when anyone posts videos. You can find several HA! related videos that were axed off Youtube that I saved before they were: http://arnoldsroom.multiply.com/video
So we're moderated, but not really because I'm obviously not going to stop HA-related posts from getting through. I check LJ and my email periodically throughout the day so hopefully you shouldn't have to sit too long waiting to see your post appear...
Again, so sorry for the inconvenience!
I'm signing out early for an internet-less weekend, but anyone is free to use the Cheese Festival tag throughout the end of the day. Also note that the Anonymous Fic Meme is STILL GOING and we would like it to KEEP GOING. This is the first HA Anon Fic Meme as far as I know, so grab this opportunity to leave requests, fill requests, spread a little bit of football-headed love.
Here is a little masterlist of Completed Fills so far:
Black Coffee, Brainy/Helga, coffee shop
Walking, one-sided Gerald/Sid, friendship Sid/Stinky, rejection and aftermath
Ready, Man, Arnold-centric daydreaming
A Chance I Have to Take, Mulder!Arnold and Scully!Phoebe
Singing in the Moonlight, Arnold/Helga, Little Mermaid AU
All Wrong Arnold/Rhonda, onesided Arnold/Helga, A/R wedding, angsty Helga
No Reservations, Gerald/Phoebe, where they might get caught, Phoebe instigating (warning: NC-17)
Family For Me, Helga/Arnold/Gerald, ménage à trois, meatballs
The most updated list will always be found at this thread (the first thread on the Meme).
If you do read something you like, please leave a quick comment to keep the love circulating. And there are promotional banners if you think you can get any of your HA friends to join in.
To everyone who has participated in any way: thank you! *group hug*
But we all know Helga has a softer side. Usually it manifests in secret, in alleys and closets, with soliloquies and twirling and only minimal punching. But on rare occasions it makes itself known in very grand, altruistic gestures. Here is a wordy picspam to capture some of the very best of those beautiful, mostly nonviolent, non-verbally-abusive moments!
( 5 Times PicspamCollapse )
- There are 16 quotes below the cut. There are 38 season one Hey Arnold episodes listed at the bottom of this page. Each quote was taken from one of those episodes.
- To participate, you only need to match SIX quotes with which episodes you think they belong to. Each quote has a number. You can list SIX matches only, so you must get every guess correct to win. If you try to guess more than six, your comment will be screened and invalid. Do not edit your comment; that will also result in screening and invalidation.
- The FIRST LJ user to guesses six correctly wins 250 LJ Tokens!
- If you are anonymous, you can still play for fun, but please note that you cannot win the prize. If you happen to win first, you'll still be the "offical" winner, but the LJ token prize will be withheld until an LJ user guesses correctly.
- If you have won a past game, you are not eligible to win this one.
( SHOW ME THE QUOTESCollapse )
EDIT: khelekwen has won the tokens!!
Here's another Hey Arnold fan-made live-action video from the magical land of Youtube. This one is a full-length production of the episode, "Stoop Kid"! :D
It was a college project made with limited resources, so you have to forgive some things, but you have to give them credit for all the effort they put into it! They even try to reproduce the jazzy soundtrack! Stoop Kid himself was particularly good, imo. And the guy who plays Arnold really does have that Nice Guy vibe about him. And Harold is... well, you have to see for yourself, lol.
- There are 22 screencap thumbnails below the cut. There are 38 season one Hey Arnold episodes listed at the bottom of this page. Each screencap was taken from one of those episodes.
- To participate, you only need to match SIX caps with which episodes you think they belong to. Each cap has a number. You can list SIX matches only, so you must get every guess correct to win. If you try to guess more than six, your comment will be screened and invalid. Do not edit your comment, that will also result in screening and invalidation.
- The FIRST LJ user to guesses six correctly wins 250 LJ tokens!
- With 250 LJ tokens you could buy a userhead, a v-gift for a friend, or use it toward something bigger like icons space, account upgrades, and more. More deets here.
- If you are anonymous, you can still play for fun, but please note that you cannot win the prize. If you happen to win first, you'll still be the "offical" winner, but the LJ token prize will be withheld until an LJ user guesses correctly. I've already paid for these LJ tokens, so I've got to give them to somebody! ;)
( SHOW ME THE SCREENCAPS!Collapse )
EDIT: ari_griffin has won the LJ tokens!! Congrats!! If anyone else wants to keep guessing screencaps for fun, feel free!
I thought of this when I remembered my friend's brilliant HA!/Community crossover comic:
Just in case there is anyone in this community who has not watched this ingeniously warped Hey Arnold spoof trailer by DrCoolSex, well, you might want to stop what you're doing and try it out. It's totally worth 3 minutes of your time. I personally find it hilarious and very addictive, hehe. The DrCoolSex team is so talented!
I'm about to finish a HA! marathon so this is the perfect time for this :D
My first question:
Do you think everyone knew about Helga's feelings for Arnold?
Throughout the series, when it comes to the Helga/Arnold dynamic, we mostly only see it via either Helga or Arnold's viewpoint. Helga is...Helga, and Arnold seems either oblivious or starts to get a clue and then kinda loses it.
But how do you think the rest of the students/other residents perceived it? There were many moments where either Helga wasn't hiding herself well, or the characters did peculiar things that hint that they have *some* idea. What comes to mind is:
- during the Valentines' Day episode, where Helga dresses up as the french girl. At the end, the french girl arrives, and Helga is pretty much caught. Arnold is slowing getting to the "heywaitaminute, then who are you...?" moment, and then suddenly, Gerald wing-man's in, says he is Arnold, and takes french girl away. I always thought this was really random - he essentially saved Helga's ass. Why would he do this unless he knew that she liked him and wanted to protect her in some way?
- Arnold's Grandpa makes comments throughout the show about "that girl that's always picking on you," and there was that episode where he talks about a girl similar to her who picked on him and had pigtails...and turned out to be Grandma. Seems pretty obvious he has some clue...
What do ya'll think? Can you think of any other moments where the others seem to know Her Deep Dark Secret?
What is the Cheese Festival? It's a party!
Will there be a fic meme, picspams, and games? YES!
What does cheese have to do with it? Nothing!
Today through Friday there will be a little more hey_arnold activity on your f-list, and I hope you'll join in on the fun! The main feature will be the Anon Fic Meme. In fact, everything about this Cheese Festival is pretty much to raise your HA spirits and make sure the Meme is a success. From myself, I can promise one picspam and a word puzzle along with the "official" games. With luck there will be more posts from other fans in this community... *hint hint* If you've had any potential Hey Arnold posts stirring around in your brain, this week would be a GREAT time to post!
It's a party, albeit a pretty laid back party. Here are the "official" planned events:
TODAY: 5PM EST Anonymous Fic Meme launches
WEDNESDAY: 12PM EST Screencap Game (Match up screencaps with their episodes; win LJ tokens)
THURSDAY: 6PM EST Quote Game (Match up quotes with their episodes; win LJ tokens)
The Hey Arnold Anonymous Fic Meme will go live in this many hours:
Fancy countdown widget ftw. x)
So think you can get into a Hey Arnold spirit this week? Will you submit prompts to the Anon Fic Meme later today? Are you working on something to post? Do you have a favorite cheese?